P.J. Saher's Conquest of Suffering: A Comprehensive Anthology of George Grimm's Works on Buddhism PDF Download
Conquest of Suffering by Dr. P.J. Saher PDF Download
Are you looking for a book that can help you understand and overcome suffering in your life? Do you want to learn more about the Buddhist philosophy and metaphysics that can offer you a new perspective on pain and happiness? If so, you might be interested in reading The Conquest of Suffering by Dr. P.J. Saher.
conquest of suffering by dr p.j. saher pdf download
What is the book about?
The Conquest of Suffering is an enlarged anthology of George Grimm's works on Buddhist philosophy and metaphysics. George Grimm was a German scholar who studied Buddhism extensively and wrote several books on the subject. Dr. P.J. Saher, a disciple of Grimm, compiled and edited his works into this book, which was first published in 1977.
Who is the author?
Dr. P.J. Saher was a professor of philosophy at the University of Delhi, India. He was also a practicing Buddhist and a follower of George Grimm. He dedicated his life to spreading the teachings of Buddhism and promoting inter-religious dialogue. He passed away in 2005.
Why should you read it?
You should read this book if you want to:
* conquest of suffering by george grimm pdf download
* the conquest of suffering an enlarged anthology pdf download
* buddhist philosophy and metaphysics by p.j. saher pdf download
* how to overcome suffering with buddhism pdf download
* the conquest of suffering book review pdf download
* where to buy the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher pdf download
* the conquest of suffering free ebook pdf download
* the conquest of suffering summary and analysis pdf download
* the conquest of suffering quotes and insights pdf download
* the conquest of suffering online reading pdf download
* the conquest of suffering audiobook mp3 download
* the conquest of suffering epub format download
* the conquest of suffering hardcover edition pdf download
* the conquest of suffering paperback edition pdf download
* the conquest of suffering kindle edition pdf download
* the conquest of suffering motilal banarsidass publisher pdf download
* the conquest of suffering 1977 original publication pdf download
* the conquest of suffering first edition pdf download
* the conquest of suffering latest edition pdf download
* the conquest of suffering revised edition pdf download
* the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher google books pdf download
* the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher open library pdf download
* the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher stanford library pdf download
* the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher goodreads pdf download
* the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher amazon pdf download
* the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher flipkart pdf download
* the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher barnes and noble pdf download
* the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher worldcat pdf download
* the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher librarything pdf download
* the conquest of suffering by p.j. saher wikipedia pdf download
* the complete works of george grimm by p.j. saher pdf download
* george grimm buddhist philosophy and metaphysics pdf download
* george grimm doctrine of rebirth and karma pdf download
* george grimm buddha and his doctrine pdf download
* george grimm die lehre des buddha pdf download
* george grimm die lehre von der wiedergeburt und dem karma pdf download
* george grimm die lehre vom ich und vom nichtich pdf download
* george grimm die lehre von der leidensüberwindung und der erlösung pdf download
* george grimm die lehre von den vier edlen wahrheiten und dem achtfachen pfad pdf download
* george grimm die lehre von den fünf daseinsgruppen und den zwölf gliedern des entstehens in abhängigkeit pdf download
Learn about the Buddhist view of suffering and how it differs from other religions and philosophies.
Discover how to use your intuition and insight to transcend suffering and attain peace.
Explore various spiritual practices that can help you cope with pain and cultivate happiness.
Be inspired by the examples of spiritual teachers and mystics who have overcome suffering and achieved enlightenment.
Find out how to download the PDF version of this book for free.
How does the book explain the problem of suffering?
The book explains the problem of suffering from three angles: the Buddhist perspective, the metaphysical approach, and the role of intuition and insight.
The Buddhist perspective on suffering
The book begins by introducing the basic teachings of Buddhism, such as the Four Noble Truths, the Noble Eightfold Path, and the concept of anattā or not-self. It explains that suffering is caused by ignorance, attachment, and craving, which lead to rebirth in samsara, the cycle of existence. It also explains that suffering can be ended by following the path of wisdom, morality, and meditation, which lead to nirvana, the state of liberation.
The metaphysical approach to suffering
The book then delves into the metaphysical aspects of suffering, such as causality, karma, rebirth, and nirvana. It argues that suffering is not a reality in itself, but a result of our wrong perception of reality. It claims that reality is beyond concepts and words, and can only be known by direct experience. It also claims that reality is not composed of separate entities or substances, but of processes or events that are interdependent and impermanent.
The role of intuition and insight in overcoming suffering
The book finally discusses how intuition and insight can help us overcome suffering and attain peace. It defines intuition as a faculty that allows us to grasp the essence of reality without the interference of the intellect or the senses. It defines insight as a state of mind that sees things as they are, without distortion or delusion. It explains that intuition and insight can be developed by practicing meditation, especially vipassana or insight meditation, which trains the mind to observe the arising and passing away of phenomena with mindfulness and equanimity.
How does the book offer solutions to suffering?
The book offers solutions to suffering by suggesting three spiritual practices that can help us overcome attachment, craving, and ignorance. These are acceptance, detachment, and desirelessness.
The practice of acceptance
The book advises us to accept reality as it is, without resisting or rejecting it. It teaches us to accept our suffering as a part of our human condition, and as a means of learning and growing. It also teaches us to accept the imperfection and uncertainty of life, and to embrace change and impermanence as natural laws. By accepting reality, we can reduce our suffering and increase our peace.
The practice of detachment
The book encourages us to detach ourselves from our ego, our emotions, and our opinions. It warns us not to identify ourselves with our body, our mind, or our personality, which are all transient and illusory. It also warns us not to cling to our possessions, our relationships, or our achievements, which are all subject to loss and decay. By detaching ourselves from these things, we can free ourselves from suffering and attain liberation.
The practice of desirelessness
The book urges us to renounce our desires, especially those that are selfish, harmful, or unrealistic. It explains that desire is the root of all suffering, as it creates dissatisfaction, frustration, and conflict. It also explains that desire is futile, as it can never be fully satisfied or fulfilled. By renouncing our desires, we can end our suffering and attain happiness.
How does the book inspire you to grow spiritually?
The book inspires you to grow spiritually by showing you the benefits of reading spiritual books, by giving you examples of spiritual teachers and mystics who have conquered suffering and achieved enlightenment, and by inviting you to explore your own spirituality.
The benefits of reading spiritual books
The book claims that reading spiritual books can help you in many ways, such as:
Expanding your knowledge and understanding of yourself and the world.
Enriching your imagination and creativity.
Enhancing your intuition and insight.
Strengthening your faith and devotion.
Inspiring your action and service.
The examples of spiritual teachers and mystics
The book provides you with examples of spiritual teachers and mystics who have overcome suffering and achieved enlightenment through their wisdom and practice. Some of these are:
The Buddha: The founder of Buddhism who attained nirvana under the Bodhi tree.
Jesus Christ: The founder of Christianity who performed miracles and rose from the dead.
Mahatma Gandhi: The leader of India's independence movement who practiced non-violence and civil disobedience.
Rumi: The Persian poet and mystic who wrote ecstatic verses about love and God.
Mother Teresa: The Catholic nun and saint who dedicated her life to serving the poor and the sick.
The invitation to explore your own spirituality
The book invites you to explore your own spirituality by asking yourself questions such as:
What is the meaning and purpose of your life?
What are your values and principles?
What are your beliefs and convictions?
What are your passions and talents?
What are your goals and dreams?
The book al